"This is a pull quote."
-- Meriah Doty, USC Adjunct Professor

This is a gallery title


All photography by Joe Shmo

Political Slide Show


All photography by Joe Shmo
"This is a pull quote" Meriah

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Who's Ron Paul? Does any body know?

In all the hours of presidental race coverage I've watched over the last several weeks, one canidate has completely been left off the radar. Republican canidate Ron Paul isn't even included in the reported cuacus counts. Some call him cooky, others call him radical, and then there are some that call him a genius. No matter what people call him or how many like him, I still think every canidate should get coverage.

Ron Paul is the only republican running that did not vote for the war. I think that is a pretty substantial difference between him, McCain, and Romney, yet the only attention I've seen him get is a handmade sign on the freeway that says "YouTube Ron Paul." Few people I've talked to know what he stands for (myself included), so I decided to follow the signs advice. Among videos claiming that Paul actualy won in the New Hampshire caucuses over McCain (click here to see one of those), there was another which I though communicated his ideas pretty well. If you're interested, check it out.

1 comment:

LegittJ said...

Ron Paul actually came to USC earlier this year, very few people showed up to see him, compared to Barack Obama's appearance last year, pre-presidential bid.