"This is a pull quote."
-- Meriah Doty, USC Adjunct Professor

This is a gallery title


All photography by Joe Shmo

Political Slide Show


All photography by Joe Shmo
"This is a pull quote" Meriah

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Early morning campaigning seems slow



So the original first post of the day was going to be an interview with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger as he cast his vote in West L.A. and proceeded to endorse John McCain. I left my house at 6:30 for an 8:00 a.m. press opportunity. by 8:30, I was still miles away, caught up in the swarm of Angelenos making their way to work. I have never in my life seen more congestion on the freeways and side streets.
However amid my frustration at missing such a great opportunity, I noticed that missing from the congestions were the typical signs and ralliers calling drivers to vote for their candidates.

In fact, during more than 3 hours on the road (to get to a place 12 miles away!) I saw only 4 signs, every one for democratic candidate Barack Obama- who was in Chicago at the time.

This seems rather striking that so few signs and ads have run this morning in a state widely known for it's paramount importance on the day of the presidential primary.

On a street corner near Fairfax and the I-10 Freeway, about 10 supporters stood on the corner bolstering signs. Hundreds of cars honked and drivers yelled, seemingly in support.

Here is a collection of what I saw during my failed attempt to interview Schwarzenegger.


1 comment:

Meriah said...

I feel your pain -- a Schwarzenegger quote would have been awesome! Glad you got up early and snapped some photos. Good observations.